Thursday, June 7, 2012

Changes... Overwhelming...

So in the last blog I wrote about changes... House changes! I love those type changes. What I don't like is changes in my job...


Well let me take that back. I do like changes in my job as long as I have enough time to evaluate and adjust to the situation. What I don't like is all of a sudden changes, changes when no one really knows what's going on, and then it's all thrown at you at one time.


Anyone like those type changes? Not me... But yet it was done! Blah!


So last week I was informed that I will be "helping" out in the business office at the hospital until our census (HH and hospital pick back up). Well my thinking was ok I can handle that. Then Monday I was getting ready to leave work and my boss comes in and tells me that Wednesday they will be getting with me and having a desk ready for me to work at. OK????? A desk? I have a desk? Why do I need a 2nd desk? I just said "ok" and continued on and was in a bit of confusion. Nothing was said Tuesday about it and then Wednesday I come to work and shortly after my boss comes in she asks me if I have heard from Laura (boss in BO) about coming over to train. I said 'no' and she goes back to her office and emails Laura. Laura responds with something and then the last night stuck out to me...


How does Ashlee feel about moving over here?


So I asked my boss, Cathy, about this being permanent or temporary and she tells me temporary. So I just agree to what's going on. So I emailed Laura and asked her when she wanted me to come over and what I was going to be doing and etc. She then tells me that her, Brandon (CFO), and Cathy are going to have a meeting and she will let me know the details following this meeting. So Cathy heads off to the meeting. She comes back and is real short and sweet and says 'your time will be split 50/50' and then she tells me 'you need to get with Laura on when you need to go over there' and then she tells me 'I (her) will be splitting my time with the Tulsa office' and she goes back to her desk.


So at this point all is well... Nervous and unsettled about doing something different and new but all is well... I talk to Laura about going over after I get back from lunch and she agrees. I went and ran my errands, got lunch, talked to Albert, and then headed to the BO at the hospital. I get to the window area where Angie (which I know) was working and she asked me 'how I felt about this' and I said well it's temporary so it will be ok and she said 'I heard you are going to eventually be over here full time' so then I was stunned. So I go inside and sit down with her and then Laura comes out and wants to visit with me in her office.


Laura asks me 'how do you feel about this' and I still wanted to believe this was temporary so I said about the same thing, 'well this is temporary so whatever I need to do I will do until I return to my regular job' and she looked at me all sorts of crazy! Don't you just love that?!?!


She informs me that my new 'homebase' will be here in the BO and she shows me my desk and tells me that I will be doing my home health work from that desk/office. I will just be over in the BO full time and then as I get more comfortable with things they will start adding on other job duties. So at this time I'm real STUNNED so to say! I'm clueless as to what is going on and what is being said. I just nod my head and keep on going. She also tells me that when I need to come to home health for documentation reasons I just need to let them know so they have coverage for me in the BO and I can walk over here and do what I need to do. She tells me about lunches, leaving time, starting time, dress code, etc... OVERLOAD!!! MAJOR OVERLOAD! Because remind you I was told (before lunch) this was just temporary!


I was also told that Thursday (today) I would need to be in home health because they had a couple people out and they needed me to assist over here but starting Friday I could bring my stuff over, set up "house" and report over there daily from now on. Just completely overwhelming...


So I was informed that right now I'm training to be Angie's backup. To answer the phones for patients with questions regarding their bills, take payments, do daily bank deposits, and many other things... Once that is settled I will start adding other job duties...


This was all thrown at me in a matter of hours so you can see why I go overwhelmed like I did.


We will see how this all pans out in the near future... I'll keep everyone informed...

No comments:

Post a Comment