Thursday, November 18, 2010

Can't Wait...

Well I am down to 19 days until my due date! How exciting is what I keep thinking and ready for baby Preslee to just make her way into the world and join us! I have been working for months to get her room ready, her stuff ready, her everything ready for her to get here! Last night I finally packed my hospital bag so I am ready when the time comes (if it is spontaneously).

At the same time I am also nervous, scared, and a bit on edge! I have been through labor and delivery now 3 times...You would think I wouldn't be like this but again I can't help it. Every labor is different, every delivery is different, every everything is different so how can you be fully prepared?!

Don't get me wrong I can't wait for her to be here. I just want her to be here and safe and sound in our arms. It seems like this wait has been FOREVER though I know it really hasn't. But after the loss of Skylar and then all the emotions and everything with that and then getting pregnant so quickly afterwards just alot more that makes my mind wander. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for all my first check-ups on my cervix and to make sure Preslee is head down and all that fun stuff. I guess that will give me some relief to know things are going good. Each doctor's appointment puts my mind at more ease than it was possibly because I can hear her heartbeat and hopefully tomorrow I will get to see her on the ultrasound if Dr. Gibbens can't figure out the positioning she is in.

Then with that comes the thought/wonder is she head down? Will delivery be a "normal" delivery or will there need to be a c-section? There are just so many if's, and's, and but's that you never know about. Since I was about 25 weeks I have been having dreams that I have her c-section because she is not head down. Who knows?! But honestly, that scares me too! I am just not much of a person to like ANYTHING being cut or messed with on my body! I guess I shouldn't worry but these are the things running through my mind as I approach her delivery date!

But in all reality everything is ready for her to be here. Her room is prepared, diaper bag is ready, my bag is packed, carseat is ready, everything is in the cabinets and ready for her...All we need is little Miss Preslee to arrive. For the past 2 weeks or so I have had lots of shooting pains in my pelvic area, lots of pressure and feeling like my stomach is falling off, I have had a few contractions, etc...Hopefully that means we are making progress when I go see the doctor tomorrow. All will be revealed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment